Mac & PS3 question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by newConvert, Apr 3, 2009.

1. newConvert macrumors regular

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to get the ps3's HD to show up as an external drive for the mac? I'd love to be able to copy directly from my macbook -> ps3.... I kinda doubt it, but thought i'd check. Thanks!

EDIT: just a bit more clarification. I know you can transfer files via null medialink while on the ps3, but I'd like to be able to do it the other way around. IE see the ps3 hd on my mac, so I can download directly to it (say for a torrent)

2. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

I have a 160 GB PS3, And by the looks of it there are no ports of which to connect a PS3 to a Macintosh. If you want to get audio files/movies/etc on to your PS3's HD you must use a Flashdrive or a CD/DVD that you burned the audio/video on to.

(Note) Some games *Burnout Paradise* allow you to create your own playlists and play YOUR music in the game. You MUST use a CD and burn the songs from iTunes because the Apple Audio File default is a M4a and is not compatible within the game, so you must burn the songs to a CD changing them into Mp3's.

;)