.Mac question - Free trial

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joshua_msu, May 26, 2008.

1. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

Hello, I recently purchased a new iMac, and during startup, I signed up for the free trial of .Mac. I real like it, and would like to purchase a full subscription. I was wondering can I just renew my subscription with a .Mac purchased from Amazon, since it is 30 dollars cheaper, or do I have to directly upgrade from Apple to keep my current name? I guess what I am asking is, doe the box purchased from Amazon just contain and activation key that I can enter to renew? Thanks.

2. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

an activation key should be included in the box when you purchase a .mac subscription regardless of where it comes from. If you order directly from Apple or from a 3rd party you'll receive a box with some documentation and a .Mac activation key.

3. taijuan macrumors member

I have never purchased the key from apple. Order it from the cheapest place you can find it. I have always ordered it directly from Amazon. In your account you enter the activation key and then when the expiry date on your .mac account comes up it will automatically use the key to extend the .mac service for one year.