Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Hi all and happy holidays :)
My Q is this: I'm going to get a .Mac account this up coming week and I need to know if I can place any of my FLASH files such as static cartoons, like in a sunday paper on/in a .Mac account. No one at the Apple store can give any input but one person said Flash can't but an Illustrator file could :cool:

So that could be a problem since I don't know how to use Illustrator yet. Any input would be great since I really don't want to spend the $$ only to come up short of what I'd really like to do.
Thanks for any help,
Dodger

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Artful Dodger said:
Hi all and happy holidays :)
My Q is this: I'm going to get a .Mac account this up coming week and I need to know if I can place any of my FLASH files such as static cartoons, like in a sunday paper on/in a .Mac account. No one at the Apple store can give any input but one person said Flash can't but an Illustrator file could :cool:

So that could be a problem since I don't know how to use Illustrator yet. Any input would be great since I really don't want to spend the $$ only to come up short of what I'd really like to do.
Thanks for any help,
Dodger
Yes, you can place anything you like on a .Mac website. You can store what ever you want on your iDisk too. I don't know what you have been told, but I believe you can even do PHP on .Mac, but you database has to be elsewhere.

My Russos site is actually on .mac, and later I will put a flash file I have, but I have been called to dinner so I have to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.