.mac question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bluedoggiant, Jan 9, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

i have one of the sub accounts in a family account .mac. Do i get the back to my mac feature? it says im "email only". and in order to use screen sharing with back to my mac from a different network, do i have to enable something in sharing prefs?

2. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Here is a picture, i posted the other post from my friends mac:

[​IMG]

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

You should just click "Start" but I see that is greyed out. In sharing preferences you can choose what you want to share over the service, such as all folders or just your public folder and screen sharing.

I never had a problem turning it on, but perhaps your network is blocking it being turned on ?

Perhaps you have to have to computers registered with the same account (ie. not a sub-account and a master-account) and so if you only have one registered with your sub-account (in sync preferences) it wont let you turn it on as there's nothing to connect with..?

4. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

my dad's mbp works perfectly, though thats his only computer. its on. same network. but here is what my account info is:

[​IMG]

it says email only, and im a sub account, i cant do anything but email, but im not sure if that also blocks back to my mac