.mac questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pavelbure, Aug 11, 2007.

1. pavelbure macrumors 6502a

i wasn't sure what forum to post this in, if it is wrong then please move it.
    here's my situation, i have family members on the other side of the country, i would like to share home dvd videos with them and pictures.

1. would i be able to upload a home video, lets just say the standard dvd size and 2 hours long ?

2. how is the playback on the website ? clean or sometimes choppy ?

3. since i only want them to see it, can i password protect the viewing of such files ?

i haven't purchased my mac yet and was wondering if it would be worth it for someone in my situation.

2. mactonight macrumors newbie

I'm still waiting for iLife '08 to arrive, so I can't 100% verify this. But seeing as how no one else has responded yet, I will give you my best guesses, gleaned from other posts and viewing a demo Apple-provided site:
    http://gallery.mac.com/emily_parker

1. Yes, looks like about 1GB/hr of video (and you have up to 10GB to use)

2. "choppy" may not be the right word, but it wasn't real-time streaming. The video would restart from the beginning when it got to the end of what it had downloaded so far. I have a 3.0Mbit connection, and I doubt even the "large" size was more than 1.5Mbit, so this was probably a temporary overload of apple's bandwidth or servers.

3. I think so. Does this help?
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306162

3. Nay macrumors newbie

sorry, this might be in the wrong place.
    I'm having trouble installing iphoto 7.0.1. I've got a mac 10.4.10.
    I've downloaded iphoto 7.0.1 but and its sitting in my Finder.
    Everytime i double click on it to open it nothing happens. Well an applications appears on my toolbar but then immediately disappears again.

Also i've lost my Source List from my current iphoto application. I don't no how to get it back.

Anyone help?