Mac randomly dropped off Wifi

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by supernet33, May 5, 2019.

1. supernet33 macrumors 6502

I bought MacBook Air 3 days ago and I noticed I got a page that said "not connected to the internet" and the Wifi dropped off. I had to manually reconnect to the wifi connection, Okay fine strange but I guess it happens.

So I decide I wanted the 16GB model and I exchanged it and the same symptoms happened again.
    This time I checked my iPhone and other devices and they were connected to the wifi.

Is there anything I should check? Your thoughts?

2. Expobill macrumors 65816

Expobill

that was happening to my air, running el cap, there was an annoying 1 minute connection time after sleeping and restarting.
    This started just recently, in mid march. i just dealt with it because everything was correct, password etc.
    you could check that wire connection to the card inside the air, but only if your are brave enough, or use the airport app to check on your connections. hope this helps!

3. supernet33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I would but 2 different Macs with the same problem? I don't think it could be the wire.

4. Expobill macrumors 65816

Expobill

is this problem intermittent? is this air new? i would reset the router or airport if you have one. maybe check the network settings to see if the air is seeing the source of the Internet signal.

5. supernet33 thread starter macrumors 6502

2 Brand new Airs.. No issues with any other devices like this.

I can do a ping and a trace route fine... It does not happen all the time, only 3 times so far but 3 times too much.