Mac Rapture Oct 27th, 2016

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BornAgainMac, Oct 27, 2016.

1. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Looks like the Mac Rapture is starting today. MacBook Pro looks safe. The MacBook and iMac probably will remain. The 11 inch MacBook Air is gone. MacBook Air 13, Mac Mini, Mac Pro look like they will not get updated and eventually fade away in time due to lack of sales.

2. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    It's the Apple way, now. Don't update something, then when it doesn't sell, use poor sales figures as an excuse to kill it.

I still think the mini and Pro might have a chance at life, but if there's nothing new by January 1st, they're dead for sure.

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I would be really surprised if they held a second Mac event within two months of each other.

4. JimGoshorn macrumors 6502

JimGoshorn

Hope springs eternal...

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Give it up. Apple could have easily just updated the ports and graphics on the Mac Pro.

They didn't .

6. JimGoshorn macrumors 6502

JimGoshorn

They have the resources to update the Mac Pro and chose not to which is a definite indication (at least to me). The hopeful ones are still thinking a new Mac Pro is coming. Even if it is, it will probably be more of the same and one has to wonder then when it is due for updating, will it get updated or be killed off. Living with that kind of uncertainty is not something many will want to deal with long term.

7. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    Mac Pro and Mac mini rarely get their own special events. Probably just an update on the store.

Oh, I have no hope. I haven't for a while now. I'm already planning a transition to a Linux box. I do however see at least some reasonable arguments/rumors that might indicate a release of updates on both those machines by year's end.

8. Synchro3, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016

Synchro3 macrumors 65816

Synchro3

I don't buy overheating and expensive laptops as desktops. And Apple recommends an LG 5K monitor for an laptop: http://www.apple.com/shop/product/HKN62LL/A/lg-ultrafine-5k-display?fnode=8a

If I'de buy this monitor I want to use it with a desktop computer with a real dedicated graphics card...

So, let's wait if the Mac Pro or Mac Mini will get an update in 2017. If not I could imagine going Hackintosh.

9. MysticCow macrumors 6502a

MysticCow

It's not imagining for me. I'll either go Hack or go full-blown Windows only.