Mac remote desktop to PC

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by barijazz, May 17, 2008.

1. barijazz macrumors 6502

I need to remote into my office (PC) from my macpro at home. Suggestions?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Establish a VPN connection in System Preferences > Network. Then get a copy of Symantec pcAnywhere 12.0 or greater. (Version 12.0 introduced a Mac-compatible client.) Install the office PC as a host, and your Mac Pro as a client.

Alternately, you could set up a small Bootcamp partition, load XP and use its built-in Terminal Services client. You'd have to set your office PC up as a Terminal Services host for this to work.

4. collinmac macrumors member

UltraVNC on the Windows PC at work, just make sure you have a static ip address and ports 5800 & 5900 are open and forwarded on your router.

I use chicken of the vnc on my macbook and it works great.

Remote desktop works as well.

UltraVNC & Chicken of the VNC are free and work fantastic.

5. GotPro macrumors 6502

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac. Free, bulletproof and seamless, I use it professionally almost daily for client servers all across North America without issue.

This is, of course, assuming you have a direct IP connection to the PC, and you've set it up to accept remote connections. If it's on a private network, you'll need a compatible VPN client as well (the Cisco client can be had for free if you google around a bit. Look for uni websites for a download).

7. krye macrumors 68000

krye

It's so much easier than all of that. Go to logmein.com. It's free. There is a pay version, but the free account is more than adequate. You install a small client utility on the PC and the Mac and then you can pull up your PC desktop in your browser on the Mac, and vice-versa.

8. rcks123 macrumors newbie

Managed Desktop Services

Hi guys,

Visite this site and solve your broblem.

http://www.mindshift.com/dynamic.aspx?id=1520
    Managed desktop services from mindSHIFT provide everything you need, from hardware, software and system implementation, to proactive network management and security.

Boston, MA

Philadelphia, PA

Washington, DC

Fairfax, VA

Maryland

Delaware

New York, NY

9. Amigalander macrumors regular

I use Microsoft's free Remote Desktop on my Mac to connect to my PC at work. You don't even need a static IP address as stated above. If you have a dynamic IP address at work and a router that supports dynamic DNS (which most do), then just setup your router with a free account at dyndns.org and never again worry about your IP address. Works great.