Mac Rumors Contributor?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by gillilandboy, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

This looks like a good deal but what are in the private forums?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What are in the private forums? Treasures beyond compare... mad jew's mankini for starters. ;)

Honestly though, contribute because you'd like to financially support the site for whatever reason. The private forums and ad-free pages are just a small perk to show MacRumors' appreciation, and the private forums are what you make of them.

4. calculus Guest

calculus

Are you sure this is the right way to encourage people?

5. bartelby macrumors Core

Ssssh!!

What happens in the PFs, stays in the PFs...

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If that was true, how come we are all riddled with herpes ;) :D

7. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

It'd be nice to have some idea of what's on offer for that $25 before laying it out.

8. bartelby macrumors Core

Apart from this & this there's the warm satisfaction of knowing you're giving a little back to the forum.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Remember, you're not just replying to the person who wrote the previous post. You're posting with everyone they've ever posted with before. :eek: ;) :D

I resisted this bunch for the longest time, but, when dragged in very gently kicking and screaming, I've liked it quite a bit. :eek:

Also there are granny panties there. ;)

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Nothing is on offer in paticular (no adverts is the most obvious) - but if you need to justify $25 to help keep a site up and running- one that you can get information and help from - then you really are missing the point altogether.

You are already pretty much getting everything without contributing. If you feel what you are getting is worth the $25 then contribute - if not.... don't.

Personally I contributed without ever knowing about the ad removal or private forum, becuase I really enjoy accessing the site, and that to me more than warrants the $25 per year, which in the scheme of things is a pivling amount per annum.

I thought the Granny Panties were top secret :eek: I see the hand of a god coming down to strike you my friend :D

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

To somewhat address this issue, two very similar threads about this from not long ago:

Link
    Link

12. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Just pay the 25 bucks miser!!..

You'll be glad you did..
    ;)

13. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

What's discussed in the private forum is up to those who participate there. If you or others become paying members to support the site, you get the small reward of being able to participate in a forum section with a dedicated subset of the membership, out of the public eye. There's no fixed agenda for discussions; it can become whatever you and others make of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.