Mac Rumors joined the dark side?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Lord Sam, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lord Sam macrumors regular

Lord Sam

Has anyone else noticed the distinctly windows looking box which surrounds your text entry? There are fonts sizes, colors, smileys quoting tools, left and right centered, bold, italic, underlined and many more. But it all looks very grey and very Windows (pre-XP)ish. What is happening?! Has macrumors secretly joined the dark side(lol)? Are they helping Microsoft?! God help us. But seriously, has anyone else noticed this, or just me?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Are you using Firefox?

Because it is all mac here on Safari

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I see where he is coming from, I am on Safari and the text entry box looks like a pre-2003 version of Word.

[​IMG]
    Mainly the font and formatting options. I believe that this is just vBulliten, as it is the same way on another forum that I use.

5. Lord Sam thread starter macrumors regular

Lord Sam

Odd

That's very weird. I don't know what is up. I am using Safari. Maybe I have an outdated version. When I check software update, there is nothing safari related. Thats quite odd. I wonder what is up with that. I will check my other computer. But when I post using my iPod Touch, I get that same grey windowish box surrounding my text entry box. I wonder what's up.

6. Lord Sam thread starter macrumors regular

Lord Sam

vBulli what!?

That's exactly what mine looks like! Here's a pic! And again, its all Safari here.

Attached Files:

7. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Yeh it's like that for everyone I think.

vBulletin is the system this forum is based on. It could do with a facelift, something I know Arn is looking into/working on...

8. Lord Sam thread starter macrumors regular

Lord Sam

great

Well, the sooner the better!:) I can't wait for this thing to get a facelift!

9. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

If it is gonna be like what happened to MacWorld, no thanks...

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It has been like that for a long time now, I don't see anything wrong with the icons.

11. Lord Sam thread starter macrumors regular

Lord Sam

Nothing really. Just a little windowsish.

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's just a standard WYSIWYG text editor implemented by the peeps at vBulletin (the forum software coders). It's not "Windowsish", it just is what it is, and it works.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yeah, I can't even go there anymore. They just redid it awhile ago too. Completely overhauled everything, cheesed a bunch of people off by redoing the forums so posters lost everything and had to start again from scratch. Then they go and do it again making it look even worse. Least they didn't screw up the forums again, but the damage was done.

Wow :confused: this is an old thread.

14. Lord Sam thread starter macrumors regular

Lord Sam

Wow. Love MRoogle. Try www.googoth.com

Or www.google.com 'pig latin' and im feeling lucky