Mac Rumors Need To focus on Desktop Rumors also!!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by chillydog, Feb 26, 2009.

1. chillydog macrumors newbie

It may just be me but I feel that mac rumors focuses a lot on mobile products and software way more than desktop rumors. It's not like I don't like all the information that is posted. I have been a fan of mac rumors for a while now, but I would like to see more info on the "rumored" upcoming desktops. Maybe I'm upset because it has been too long since an update:) Anyone got any new news???? Especially on the Mac Pro!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

When we hear something, it shows up in my thread.

We hear nothing. :(

And you've apparently not seen the rash of rumors about the Mac Mini and iMac, I assume.

3. kabunaru Guest

4. chillydog thread starter macrumors newbie

I have seen them.....but that has been very recent and very brief. I understand you get the threads when they come in. It's just getting old and mac rumors track record reflects it.

5. kabunaru Guest

Why not a Rumours forum where users get to post their rumours? :D
    A request to the mods.

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

This comes up from time to time due to the highs and lows associated with product release cycles.

From a little while ago.

If information is there to be posted it is.

______

Rumors are most usually associated with a product. Therefore any such rumors can easily fit into one of the product forums.

There is also the Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion forum which could easily accommodate such material. I am not sure what benefit having a whole separate forum for this would give.(?)

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

It could be because Apple seems to have shifted their primary purpose to their precious little devices. It isn't necessarily the first choice of macrumors.

8. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

There were multitudes of posts about the mini before MW. Apple let everyone down w. nada. There have been many rumors about new iMacs and Minis. Fact is, the portables seem to be the main focus of Apple and it's reflected at MR. If Apple isn't doing anything, hard to get a story.

9. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

After reading this I thought it prudent to point out that Tallest Skil does not run MacRumors. His use of the word "we" and "my thread" might have lead some to think he is something other than just an average user of MacRumors.

He does seem to have an acute case of MacRumors-induced-internet-forum-addiction. Let us all send him our well wishes to get over this illness soon. ;)

10. iMacmatician macrumors 601

I think we got our fair share of desktop rumors (and speculation) over the past week, don't you think?

11. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Which leads to a question I've been wanting to ask...

Tallest Skil, we can safely assume you're the tallest of the Skils. However, a Google search of the word "skil" turns up only references to saws and other tools. Perhaps if you could enlighten us about what a Skil is, exactly, we could better appreciate your wisdom. Does it have to do with the illustration of the humanoid alien being in your avatar?

Or am I just a clueless n00b who's missing an obvious sci-fi/gaming reference?