Mac Rumors on new Mighty Mouse...?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ben Olar, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Ben Olar macrumors newbie

Ben Olar

Hey guys I really want a Mighty Mouse, but I hear/read bad rep on them. It seems as if there hasn't been a MM upgrade recently. With all of the price lowering and updates on just about every other Apple product, I can't help thinking that there will be a new MM. Anybody have suggestions,comments, etc.?

*The coolest thing I could get out of this thread it would be to have an accessories section on the buyer's guide. Any thoughts on this?

2. dougnewman macrumors 6502

I really don't know why it would be updated. I can't really think of any way in which it could be significantly improved. Unlike even such things as keyboards, you're not going to make a mouse thinner or else it would be uncomfortable to use. ;)

I think an aluminum Mighty Mouse would be cool but I hardly expect to see such a thing. Given the shape of a mouse it would probably be rather expensive to manufacture.

3. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

I can't see anything that could be changed....except maybe offering it in black.

4. Ben Olar thread starter macrumors newbie

Ben Olar

I meant more along the lines of fixing the infamous right click feature that dies after a few months etc. Black Mighty Mouse would be bad ass though. :p

5. dougnewman macrumors 6502

If a new Mighty Mouse came along I would not necessarily expect it to actually work better than the old one. ;)

6. jlevi macrumors member

I want one for comfort but losing multi-touch gestures seems so inefficient to me...

7. dougnewman macrumors 6502

Honestly I no longer use my Wireless Mighty Mouse - I've become so used to the trackpad that it seems more comfortable to me than using a mouse. I don't have to move my hand as far away from the keyboard, for one thing.

And I don't even have a multi-touch trackpad.

8. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

It would be nice to have an Aluminium Rat to sit aside my MBP (not that it would see much action, but its the thought that counts)

Perhaps with a GLOSSY scrollerballthingy? ;)