Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

readyexplode

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2014
The solution:

For those who still have this problem, this is the solution:

1 - Start the mac holding 'option';
2 - Choose the recovery boot disc;
3 - Select Disc Utility option;
4 - Select the disc where os x is installed;
5 - Click 'Fix disc permissions' button;
6 - Wait till it's done;
7 - Restart you mac in normal mode;
8 - Problem solved (At least for me and the guy that told me to do this).

Felasco

Oct 19, 2012
First, many thanks to cammyg123 for his informed honest reports from inside of Apple. We need more of this, and I tip my hat to you in appreciation.

If you don't mind me asking.. if Mavericks is *this* buggy, why was it released in the first place? Why didn't Apple announce something like... "hey, we're working on Mavericks, we'll release it when it's ready, we promise! thanks for your patience!" instead of just releasing it out in the wild with all the issues it's apparently having?

This is a most excellent question, and I hope we see more discussion of this issue of release strategies in general. I sense that many of the problems reported by users originate from a business decision at Apple to release things before they are really ready.

If true (as seems to be the case here) it would be quite helpful to receive insight in to the reasoning behind such decisions from informed people at Apple (anonymously or not).

Early release of unready products seems a strategy for damaging one's brand to me, but I don't work at Apple and thus can not see the full picture.

renew3

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2014
Slowness solved

The good advice in this Forum was VERY useful.

Found a corrupt file and removed a few unwanted items.

However, Mail is still playing up. Flickering mainly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.