Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonnyEA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2013
So i have no idea why this happens but sometimes my mac will run and and other times it will be smooth. It mostly affects youtube videos but also it may take a few seconds to load a page. Usually i have little to no problem running videos and pages load instantly. This has happened every few days for the past few weeks. Here are my specs:

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 1333 MHz DDR3GB
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you're having performance issues, this may help:
For Flash-related issues:
  • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
  • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
  • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.