Mac runs at 75 celcius in Vista-Bootcamp. Fans go crazy.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ZebraineZ, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Mar 17, 2009
    Hi, is there a way to fix this? Everytime I start the computer in boot camp, the fans go crazy and never stop or calm down. It is so loud that when I try to record something, since this is a unibody and the microphone is at the bottom, the noise of the fan gets in the microphone, gets out of the speakers and falls in a high screech loop.

It is so annoying and I want it to stop :( Also right now all I am doing is running a Virus check and writing this thread in firefox with 1 tab, and it is at 78 celcius average. My CPU is also going from 20% to 80% and my RAM is at 900mb. Is there a way to use less RAM? I wish this had better memory like OSX but I need windows for all my tweaking needs :( wow this sucks.

My computer is a 13 inch mb unibody 2.4gzh. I got it 6 days before the new ones came out and the apple store wanted to charge me for an exchange :O even though the new one was 100$ bucks less, which is what they wanted to charge me! Oh yeah I forgot :) is there a way to fix all this besides upgrading RAM? Usually that doesn't work either.
  2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

Sep 28, 2008
    Actively running Virus Scan can consume a TON of resources depending which software you're using.

When I BootCamp to Win7, I hardly ever have the fans kick up a notch beyond idle (3000rpm it feels like).

Sounds like you have something consuming a bunch of CPU cycles (which you said, kind of). End that process, and you should be golden.
  3. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

May 20, 2009
    You have to have something running that is taking a lot of cpu power. It could be the virus scan. Try idling it and not running any programs to see what the fans are running at then.