Mac service sucks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ernest.chan158, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ernest.chan158 macrumors newbie

I just bought my MacBook pro for about 9 months now and it has been working like a charm and i really love the user interface and swore to never use a windows pc again. But just recently about a month back my Mac has been giving me some problems it crashed the first time due to a hard drive failure and a month later it broke down again this time with a software problem and the third time due to a hardware failure once more. The obvious conclusion from this is that there is definitely something wrong with either the service centre or the Mac i would like to say that there should be something faulty within the Mac because honestly doesn't Mac have a very strong reputation for it's service centers? Also, i think that the breaking down of the mac so constantly is is ridiculous. 3 times same problem there must be something very wronfg with this picture isn't the Mac OS supposed to be extremely stable and also aren't i paying for a top of the line quality computer? but the best part of this whole currently unresolved issue is that the customer relations officers in Australia keep trying to push the whole issue back to us saying that it was a problem on our part and refuse to exchange the faulty mac for another one. they have tried all different ways to avoid this situation and have to giving us false and absurd information in hopes of throwing us off.

To tell the truth i really do not expect this to be coming out from such a reputable brand of computers like Mac and is it really so hard for these ****ing people to just talk nicely? ****! they are just so rude and is it like there are tones of paper work to fill up therefore making them act this way? because obviously there is some problem with my mac internally and obviously changing the hard drive again will not help anything. If this issue is really because some **** face Australian customer relations officer does not want to do the paper work in order to get then Mac replaced the i say that he is not fit for the job. i think it is stupid to be pondering in such nonsense.
    so what say you? do u guys really expect such lousy service from mac? because honestly i really i think that this is a bummer because i actually really trusted mac. in fact i think that aam toshiba pc has broken down lesser times and have given me less problems and i already have been using it for 3 years.
    so please guys do advise on what i should do?

2. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

Seems like you had bad luck. I've never had a *single incident* dealing with customer service in any way that was a negative experience. In fact, I think it's the best I've ever dealt with in the computer industry. There are always bad apples (no pun intended.....well.....ok, I'll intend the pun.....just this once).

3. ernest.chan158 thread starter macrumors newbie

but don you think that it really ruins the name of mac in general? if mac allows their service center people to behave so poorly?

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Are you talking about Apple Genius Bar/AppleCare Phone Support or third party service provider? If it's the latter, then it's hard for Apple to control it. Apple provides the training/course for the knowledge and after that, it comes down to the person at the service centre. Apple has laid out the guidelines, it's up to the person who's repairing it to act accordingly.

As for the hardware failures, that's unfortunate but no company is perfect so you can't say it shouldn't happen because Apple is reputable - it happens to all companies. The only thing to do is try calling again to see if you can get someone more helpful.

5. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

First off, the company is called Apple, no Mac, second now I don't think it ruins the name. Apple actually has one of the best customer satisfaction rates in the industry, and is know for their EXCELLENT service. You just had a bad instance by chance.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You mean Apple with Mac, don't you?

Like with any mass produced product, failures occur. See the current iMac debacle.

Have you tried contacting Apple via phone? For Australia the number is (61) 1-300-321-456.

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/phone_contacts.html

And no, it does not ruin the name of Apple or the Macintosh computer unless it is happening on a large scale. But currently it does not.

People working at an Apple service centre can behave poorly, just because they work for Apple doesn't mean they're nice all of a sudden.

7. smithmax13 macrumors member

If you are talking to them like you are talking to us, then they probably are being rude to you. You sound like a jerk.

I've always had excellent support from apple.

8. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

i have only had good experiences from apple... I think you just had bad luck with ur case

9. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Sorry to hear that! However, give Apple another chance.

Good luck,

Habitus :apple:

10. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

I just bought a used macbook on kijiji for a real good price. It had a cracked case so it was real cheap 200$ for a late 2007 2.2 ghz. I brought it to the apple store to get fixed the next day and they did it for free within 24 hours.

It was a year out of warranty, I have just switched to mac and would never go back

11. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

they replaced my earbuds ($30) and usb wall adaptor ($30) without even letting me say what was wrong. they replaced my ipod touch (1g, $300) even though i believe that there was no real hardware problem. they replaced my iphone ($500, 16GB 3G) without a fuss because it wouldn't restore (another thing that i don't sincerely believe was a hardware problem, even though it was a MAJOR pain since i had a $500 paperweight).

...I'd say it's pretty damn good.:D

12. ernest.chan158 thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess it really depends on the country that there are servicing because i am from singapore so i think that might be different for other countries? but guys the thing now is what do u think i should do? because if my mac keeps breaking down like this it is really affecting my work.

13. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

There are quite a few fishy things about that story - can't say I believe one bit of it.

@OP - As others have suggested, call Apple and let them know. Be calm and patient and hopefully they'll get things worked out to your liking.

14. mikem7522 macrumors member

the problem with apple care is that there's not much it actually covers. I had a white macbook a couple of years ago which had a faulty lcd screen that ended up dying on me about a year and a half after purchase. (no physical damage that was my fault) Keep in mind i got the 3yr apple care, and they basically gave me an option of replacing the screen for 700 out of pocket or getting a new computer.

15. aethelbert macrumors 601

I have never had a good experience with their Asia or continental Europe divisions, either; their phone reps, in my view, are rude and unable to produce proper resolution to any serious issues. Seems that their offices outside of the US, UK, and probably Canada as well, are very poorly managed to handle such situations. I've had better luck forwarding my documented issues to their offices in the US when I cannot resolve the problems abroad; granted, this gets difficult being on the other side of the globe, but it's definitely worth a shot.

In the meantime, if there's another service center in reasonable proximity, it would probably be worth an attempt at getting the computer serviced elsewhere. It's very possible that if the issue is recurring, your repair shop simply is not able to fix it properly whereas another location may be more capable.

Good luck.

16. ernest.chan158 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks man that really helped.:)

17. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

thats messed up. I did not read any of that into what he said.