Mac Snes Emulators?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by SnuffFilms, Jun 3, 2007.

1. SnuffFilms macrumors newbie

I've tried the Snes9x emulator for mac but when I click the application to open it nothing seems to happen.I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, it says its even in use under force quit.

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

What do you mean nothing seems to happen? When I fire up Snes9X the application icon appears in my dock, and I can load ROMs from the menu, or drag them on to the icon in the dock, no actual app turns up on the desktop. Aren't you even getting that far?

3. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

maybe try bsnes. it is a really good emulator. BTW: these are legal roms, aren't they?

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Seriously is there any point making comments like that? This is a simple question about software. Do you ask stuff like this if someone wants help playing video with VLC? :rolleyes:

5. snowfall macrumors member

As far as I recall, "nothing" happens when you start up the emulator, you have to load a rom in through the file menu, in which case the ROM starts running and away you go.

6. j3tang macrumors regular

yup, what he said :)

when u double click the app, it opens up, but there are no windows that show up, but what you should notice is that the app name is now in the menubar. from the "file" menu you can load your roms from there.

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

There's also a version of ZSNES available for OS X now, I haven't tried it. SNES9x work well for me.

8. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I have ZSNES for OS X. It seems to be just a port, but it's good enough.

9. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy