Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevin.Fumbles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
There is a game that I have for the PS3 and this is the second time I've bought it because it was scratched too bad last time. I would like to know if there is a software for the Mac that will allow me to rip the game. Also, if there is software for putting it back onto a disk. If there is, what disk would I use? Just a blank DVD? Thanks for the help

-Kevin
Mac Forever and Always:apple:

MonkeyBrainz

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2012
There is a game that I have for the PS3 and this is the second time I've bought it because it was scratched too bad last time. I would like to know if there is a software for the Mac that will allow me to rip the game. Also, if there is software for putting it back onto a disk. If there is, what disk would I use? Just a blank DVD? Thanks for the help

-Kevin
Mac Forever and Always:apple:

You would need a Blu-ray burner/reader since PS3 games are Blu-ray discs which contain way more data than a DVD could possibly hold. You also won't be able to play the backed up discs on the PS3 without modding your console... so I don't see a point unless you really know what you're doing in that department.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.