Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paddo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hi there,

I Bought my first macbook recently, so still figuring everything out :)
But a big downer is that I can't find any software for my Sony Walkman NW-A1000 on the Sony website :mad:

Any of you happen to know unofficial software or anything like that?

azizane

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2006
i happen to have a sony w200i, don't need any software to exchange file just connected it to the computer through the usb cable and it will appear on your desktop just as a flash memory would appear, one for your phone memory and one for your phone memory card

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2005
California
i happen to have a sony w200i, don't need any software to exchange file just connected it to the computer through the usb cable and it will appear on your desktop just as a flash memory would appear, one for your phone memory and one for your phone memory card

He has a sony mp3 not a phone. All sony mp3(expect for one or two models that are suppose to come out) require you to use Sony Connect Software. Best place to get some assistance would be DAPreview.com.

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
My suggestion would be to run VMware Fusion or Parallels with Windows XP to get SonicStage or Connect running on your Mac. I don't think Sony will ever produce Mac software given the iPod. You may be able to get MP3Manager to run under Crossover.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I can't speak for your particular one, but my old Walkman (I can't remember the model number) worked with iTunes. Have you tried it?

The biggest "gotcha" was needing to use MP3, not AAC.

pythagoreios07

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2012
Hi there,

I Bought my first macbook recently, so still figuring everything out :)
But a big downer is that I can't find any software for my Sony Walkman NW-A1000 on the Sony website :mad:

Any of you happen to know unofficial software or anything like that?

Have you people tried the songbird? It is quite similar you iTunes and it recognizes my sony walkman.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.