Mac + Speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by acearchie, Oct 30, 2007.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

For christmas I am looking to buy myself a really nice set of speakers for say under £100. I am open to many options and saw the "Bose Companion 2 V2 Speakers" at £79.95 on the apple site.

Are these a good buy. I will only be using them at my desk but I want a set of speakers that will provide good sound quality and hopefully enough volume!

Thank for your help!

2. jellomizer macrumors 6502

jellomizer

Those may be overboard... Depending on your ear and the quality you want... If you are playing Digital Music (downloaded online) those high quality speakers are probably overkill... But 75 euros is a good price for a decent set of speakers. (after running the conversion of euros to dollars)

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Would they really be overkill??

I have a set of roland hi-def headphones which I use with my drum kit and when I plug them into my powerbook I can hear a significant difference between the iPod headphone/Mac speakers/The roland headphones! With the roland headphones being the best!

Well can you think of any alternatives that wouldnt take up too much desk space (i.e. 2.0 instead of 2.1) for around my price range £50-100 ($100-200)

Thanks!

4. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

These Bose speakers that you say are overkill...I know it's a pretty subjective thing, but would speakers or even headphones around this size/quality/whatever, be good enough for audio recording and editing? If I went with Headphones, would I be able to get a pair of headphones for around $75-125 that I could sit somewhere, whether it be the band room at school or a place with quite a bit of noise (not excessively noisy, obviously, but not dead quiet) and comfortably listen, compose, edit, et cetera?

5. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Slightly off topic (and you may get better results by posting your own topic) but I can clarify that most over ear headphones (such as my roland high-def headphones) cancel out a small amount of background noise and have superb clarity and resonance, definitely meeting your requirements for editing and music listening!

Hope this helps!