mac startup problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JamesGilbert, Feb 25, 2010.

1. JamesGilbert macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I don't know if this is a fixable problem I hope it is umm just got into macs and already having trouble anyways

When I started up my computer the smorning the front white page with the applelogo on boot up shows a file folder and the finder icon inside of it any ideas on how to fix this and no I don't have the re install disk sorry :( hope someone can figure out my problem

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It won't start at all? Try resetting the PRAM by holding command+option+P+R on startup until you hear the startup chime a second time.

3. JamesGilbert thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope noting still stuck at the boot up page but it still shows the 2 people facing each other/finder icon inside a folder I can email u a screenshot off my phone if u send me ur email

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You can attach images to forum posts here.

Did you try the PRAM reset I suggested?

5. JamesGilbert thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya tried that its still stuck at apple loading bootup screen but the apple logo and the little spinning tire are missing

6. JamesGilbert thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm also on ,my cellular device bc my comp doesn't work or even startup past the front grey page

7. steveca macrumors 6502

did you update it or anything? what os are you running?

it happened to me once with an ibook g3 back in the day. the only thing that worked was a format :-( i know its not the ideal scenario but nothing seemed to fix it.

alternatively try to put in the cd and check what can be done.

8. JamesGilbert thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have the install disc so can I go out an buy new ones?? Bc I just bought the comp and it came with nothing umm ill try bestbuy tomo to re buy the leopard disc thanks everyone I have an app with apple on Monday too so ill let use now what's up thank you

9. newdeal macrumors 68020

sounds like your install of OSX has been corrupted or your harddrive is malfunctioning

10. steveca macrumors 6502

James before buying anything you need to make sure that the OS is supported by the system. What is your system? and ideas about the specification?

if you have a relatively modern system you should buy Snow Leopard.