Mac startup screen turns off

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by patrickb7, Jul 2, 2009.

1. patrickb7 macrumors newbie

Hello people! I was sitting on the internet, when my macbook just shut off. Now when I try and start it up, it just goes on the startup screen for 15 seconds and then shuts off! I have tried like 20 times, literally, and it still won't work! Please help, thanks! :eek::eek:

2. celticpride678

Pop in the OS disc and complete a repair permissions and repair disk and hopefully it will work

3. patrickb7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I looked EVERYWHERE and I cannot find the disk! And I am kind of new at this so what disk are you talking about more specifically?

4. celticpride678

It says restore disc on it I believe and if you are running Leopard, it should be kinda purpleish

5. patrickb7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess what! It just started working again! Well, all I needed to do was plug in the laptop, but for some reason it went "out of battery power" at 70 percent. Well, I guess I just solved my own problem, but now I have another problem. Why did it run out of battery power at 70%? :rolleyes:

6. celticpride678

Download coconutbattery and then screenshot the results and I would be happy to help. BTW- Congrats..you got a working laptop again:D

7. patrickb7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot! Now my 2000 dollars spent wont go to waste! :)

8. celticpride678

No problem. What are the results of the app?

9. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

What Mac do you have? You can check for firmware updates for your Mac and battery