Mac Storage and Media Reader Solution

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Wicked1, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok all my Windows based desktops and laptops had some sort of media reader, so with Apple excluding them, I did not want to have a desk full of peripherals so I found something that may benefit everyone, because not only is it a Media Card reader, but it is an External Case for 3.5 inch hard drives so I killed all the Birds with one Stone, also this is like having a USB Hub as well, so now I can backup up to 750 GB of data from all my macs to this External Case, and when I need a media reader especially for my Canon Rebel XTi Whala here it is. I have two of them, so they are around the $60.00 price range at BestBuy but well worth the $ however you can find them for $20-$30 on eBay.

http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/p...ve-enclosure-kit-for-35-sata-hard-drives.aspx

I just hope this helps anyone that was in my situation or makes some a happy camper.

Good Luck All.

Wicked1:cool:

2. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

well you can buy cards for this express card slot thingy, that what most of my friends do for their dslr's and what not. But a good find nonetheless.

3. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

nice find.
    I have USB Hub/Card Reader/iPod charger all in one from Belkin or Griffin. It is a nice many-in-one too.

4. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Only one of Apple's six systems offers an Express Card slot...