Mac Store App returned - still downloadable for free

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by happyhippo1337, Nov 8, 2013.

1. happyhippo1337 macrumors regular

Hi

I just had to return a very expensive Mac Store App. Apple instantaneously accepted my request and confirmed the money was being transferred back to me.

Strangely, even after two hours, I can still download the App again and use it as if nothing ever happened.

Is that some sort of bug or does it take some time for the store to recognize I am not legally owning it anymore?

Regards
    hippo

2. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

No, that's just how it is.

Of course, I hope no one is abusing this to get free stuff. Not that it'd be worth it since Apple's ToS state that they don't allow refunds. They make one exception and that's it.

3. happyhippo1337 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm certainly not trying to abuse anything, was just curious as to why I'm still able to download it.

But practically speaking: I would not be able to update this ever, would I?

4. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

I got a refund for an app I purchased a few months ago. I can still see it under purchased. I was able to re-download it. So it seems like it's so.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Have a friend who bought the wrong app and asked Apple for a refund. Was granted by Apple. In the response email from Apple it was stated this was a One Time deal. Friend still has access to app. I can only assume Apple keeps track of these refunds so not to be abused.