Mac Store running slow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by snowydog, Dec 22, 2011.

1. snowydog macrumors 6502

Hi

On my MBP (late 2011) - the Mac Store has suddenly started running slow and buggy - has been fine up until now. Freezing a bit - I restarted the MBP but its still doing it.

No other programmes are behaving in the same way - has anyone else got problems too?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Have you made any changes to your settings in Keychain Access? Specifically the way it handles Certificates? Make sure your settings look like this.
    [​IMG]

There was and may still be an issue where if these settings are set differently, the MAS would run really slow or not at all.

3. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Go to Spotlight and type Keychain Access and then under the menu bar go to Preferences.

5. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you - I just checked this and everything seems to be in order - looks the same as the screen you showed...

I never knew about the spotlight :eek: I've only had my MBP for just over a month - learning and learning everyday

thank you

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Also do you have all the latest Software Updates applied? What are your DNS settings like in your router? These are other potential areas that can cause slowness for the MAS and the Internet in general.