Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
I got Studio M1 Max today and the effect is exactly the same as on my MacBook - ACD 30" works ACD 23" does not. Tomorrow I expect to receive the adapter from BENFEI

and if it does not work I will try Club 3D.

A big disappointment is that the ACD 30" does not always wake up from sleep. Has anyone had this problem? Maybe an active USB hub is the solution? I suspect it's a matter of that extra USB power supply....
Plug the USB cable from the monitor directly into your Mac Studio. Do not use any hub.

Doing so may also reduce the chance of brightness control issues from the keyboard.

retlif

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
BENFEI unfortunately does not work.

Ok. I mean, it does work, I can see my desktop but the picture is terrible: flickering, afterimages, a purple stripe on the screen, etc.

The adapter from Club 3D is coming tomorrow.

retlif

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
Well, Club 3D (CAC-1510-A) worked as expected. The monitors work flawlessly and also wake up from sleep.

From ally my tests it seems that this is the only 100% compatible solution. I will see how it looks in the long run.

Reactions: Sharky II

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Oct 17, 2008
I have used the Club3D adapter to connect a 30” Cinema HD display and a Mac Studio (and other modern Macs) and it is the only thing between the display and the Mac. It replaces the Apple dual link adapter.

Is this the one (below link) that you bought?

AlteMac

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
New York suburb
Is this the one (below link) that you bought?

That's the one I have used with two different Mac Minis and a Mac Studio. All worked just fine.

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Oct 17, 2008
That's the one I have used with two different Mac Minis and a Mac Studio. All worked just fine.

Did you use it on a 30” ACD? Did it have any flickering issues, did it wake from sleep ok on the Mac Studio and does the brightness controls show up

alaskanime

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2024
Alaska
The only adapter I have tried that worked consistently with M1 Mini and ACD 30" (2008) the Club CAC1510A with HDCP off. I got mine on Amazon. After you set resolution to the native 2560 x 1600 the first time it keeps it there. Other adapters I tried would drop the signal if the display was off and needed to be reconnected everytime the system wakes up, a real PITA. (I am assuming this will work from a Studio but have not tried it).

View attachment 1980037 View attachment 1980038 is
I made an account just to come here and thank you all for the great information here. I ordered this after another more expensive adapter didn't work for our circa 2000 22" Cinema Display we wanted to connect to the new M2 Mac Studio my husband just got, and this little device worked flawlessly right out of the box. It gives me and him both great joy to be able to get more use of these old displays.

Last edited:
Reactions: phrenologist
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.