.mac sub accounts?

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hi,
I just renewed my .mac account, and I created a sub account. On the sub account it appears that I can't access isync is that true? Why is .mac so stingy, and they have the nerve to charge $10.65 more for another account. Let me know if you have any info on sub accounts.

Chris

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
but you can't even isync that's so not mac you know what i mean it's not friendly.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
What's to sync? The sub-accounts are only -- ONLY -- for email. And .Mac is on an IMAP server so technically you are already synced on everything the sub-account offers.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
I just dont want to have to type my huge email address book all over. That's my main gripe.

Chris

criana

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2004
Connecticut
***bump***

I just signed up for the .Mac family pack. The new version offers 5 sub accounts with "Full" .mac account abilities.

From Apple's Site:

Four sub-accounts

Each of the four Family Pack sub-accounts has 100 MB of combined email and iDisk storage, plus complete .Mac features, services and benefits. Sub-account users set up their own passwords, configure their own storage, and publish to their own .Mac web pages.
Yet, I can't get any of the sub account to be able to use iSync.

Anybody find a way around this or contact Apple. I have to wait until tomorrow to call them, as they are closed for Labor Day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.