Mac Summer Back to School Discounts?

thehuncamunca

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2003
NJ
80% chance next week
20% chance 1st week in july

there probably won't be a price drop btw, it's usually a promo (last year was buy a mac, get 200 off an ipod plus a free printer and regular edu discounts)

Bobjob186 said:
Hey when do you predict the summer price drops for back to school will be introduced?

Santeh

macrumors member
May 7, 2005
Re: What About Upcoming Events?

Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, what about possibly releasing items at the upcoming National Educational Computing Conference (NECC; 06/27-06/30) or at Siggraph (07/31-08/04)? Does anyone know if Apple has released any hardware for the upcoming school year at either of these events?

Thanks!

Sam

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Eidorian said:
I already used my Spring Promo and education discounts. It's $250 off in total. :D
yeah, i got to send mine in tomorrow or I'm gonna get screwed...

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
I ordered my PowerBook through the largest of my university's bookstores. I saved about $350 off of the regular price. Since Apple has special price "fixes" and does not allow resellers to advertise the prices lower than a certain point, the only way resellers can actually advertise a lower price is by making it a bundle (i.e. laptop + AppleCare).

That is precisely what my university does, in addition to talking with Apple to slightly lower the price so the university doesn't take the full hit from the discounts students/faculty get. I ordered a 12" PB with 768MB RAM and AppleCare and paid less than $1700. They also are throwing in a 512MB iPod shuffle with all Apple orders. I couldn't pass that up plus this G3 is in need of a replacement (though it still runs well).

And to Santeh, I don't believe Apple has ever launched products at those events, although there is nothing stopping them from coincidentally releasing products at that time.

Those iBooks will likely get updated within the next week or two. Crucial has a promo code going right now for iBook 1GB RAM called "EOLPROMO". End-of-life? I think so.

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
The Cram & Jam deal should start in mid-July. At least it did last year. What is the Cram & Jam deal you ask? If you buy laptop and an iPod at the same time the deal is in effect then you can get $200 rebate. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
TDM21 said:
The Cram & Jam deal should start in mid-July. At least it did last year. What is the Cram & Jam deal you ask? If you buy laptop and an iPod at the same time the deal is in effect then you can get $200 rebate. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
Yeah, got myself a powerbook and iPod last year using the Cram and Jam deal. Nice to have both!

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Yes, you can use the Cram & Jam deal with the education discount. Here is an article I found at Apple about the deal:

"If someone you know is bound for college this Fall, let them know about a great new promotional offer. Buy an eligible iPod and Apple notebook computer between now and September 25, and we’ll send you $200 back by mail. Combined with your education discount, your savings can total up to $530"

One note said you can't use this deal with the 12" iBook with CD-Rom drive, or iPod mini. I'm sure you can't use this deal with the iPod shuffle either.