Mac Supported USB-Ethernet Cord-ASAP!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by harmon25, Sep 14, 2007.

1. harmon25 macrumors newbie

Ok so I am not too great with computers so if this can be explained in the simplest terms possible that would be great. My Ethernet port is broken on my macbook and I have been told the cheapest solution would be to buy a USB-Ethernet converter.

However, I did some research and discovered not all types of these gizmos are Mac compatible. Can anyone tell me what the cheapest Mac-compatible Usb Ethernet cord is and where I can purchase it on the internet? Thanks

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

And you can't use wireless or get it fixed why?

3. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

there isn't really any good option. Get your Ethernet fixed or use wireless.

The Stig

4. harmon25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Getting the ethernet fixed is not an option, it's too expensive for me. This is my only option so I would appreciate answers on my question instead of diverting it to other questions you may have. Thanks

5. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Um, warranty?

A little advice - don't tell us off for trying to help you, or you'll find the pool of people answering your questions will shrink drastically. A simple Google search will tell you all that you want to know - I almost immediately found a whole list of compatible products.

6. harmon25 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't understand, what's so hard about just giving me some product names or links? I was angry that I ask one question and it turns into another question on information which doesn't matter.

No I don't have a warranty, no I don't want to get it fixed.

If you can show me what I'm looking for, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

7. jvencius macrumors regular

Don't be lazy--Google it yourself.

8. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Here's the search.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=usb+to+ethernet+mac&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8