.Mac sync causing Firefox window to close and program to freeze

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PaperQueen, Mar 15, 2008.

1. PaperQueen macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

Finally, I found a pattern to what's causing Firefox to suddenly disappear.

Every time Sync "kicks in," it causes my Firefox window to immediately vaporize; after that, the only way to get Firefox to open a new window is to log out of my user account entirely (Apple > Log Out), then log back on and re-launch Firefox.

Anyone else running into this? I've disabled all Sync functions until I can get this resolved.

Thanks!

2. pscossette macrumors newbie

I thought I was the only one!

I thought I was the only one! This happens to both my iTunes and Firefox. Have you found any fixes yet?

3. keenbee macrumors newbie

Adobe programs disappearing too!

hello,

I'm having the same issue. It seems that when I "wake up" the mac power book, Firefox appears in the menu but everything else is gone. If I go to other menus it's like everything is still running but nothing is visible. If I try to make a new window, nothing happens.

After Firefox acts wacky, all of the other programs running do the same exact thing- Adobe Suite 3 programs. Ex. Photoshop layer pallet shows all layers but the document is gone. The program runs just fine, only thing is, you have no idea what you're doing since the document window is gone. Today, this happened but it was worse- programs showed up in menu bar but no pallets or tools could be seen or opened.

I haven't done much trouble shooting. turning my laptop off then on seems to work out the bug. hmmm... so many things to look into. ugh.