.Mac syncing trying to erase my contacts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tkidBOSTON, Aug 8, 2007.

1. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

So I have been using .Mac to sync everything between my powerbook and iMac for a couple months now and suddenly my .Mac address book appears to have been wiped clean.

When either computer attempts to do their regular sync with .Mac, they're prompted to delete all their contacts. Is there a way to tell .Mac that the address book on the local computer is the correct one and it needs to be uploaded to .Mac for syncing rather than have the address book with no contacts downloaded to my local computer?

I'm completely lost on how to make this seemingly simple task happen.
    Thanks.

2. maccaa macrumors newbie

Hi,

Not sure if this is what you are trying to do but:

Go into "system preferences" then click on ".mac" then click on the "advanced" tab then "reset sync data" then you can choose if your machine is correct and then over write .mac or vice versa. By using the drop down at the top you can just sync contacts or cal etc

Cheers

Maccaa

3. tkidBOSTON thread starter macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

This sounds like exactly what I was looking for. For some reason I never noticed that option when I was searching my computer myself. :confused:

I'll check it out when I get back to my Macs tonight. Hopefully it works! :)
    Thanks for the help!

Edit: This is exactly what I was looking for... thanks!

4. maccaa macrumors newbie