Mac System Font Issue - This might seem like a simple query.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by josefpascoe, Sep 17, 2009.

1. josefpascoe macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Sorry if this seems like a trivial question, its just that i cant seem to find the resolution anywhere, and its really bugging me out!

On certain pages, say google on safari, and some system screens, such as universal access, my fonts look REALLY odd, much bigger than usual, quite clunky

I will attach some screen shots

Can someone please help me fix it, to the way it was before?

Thanks!

Josef

Attached Files:

2. skunkworker macrumors regular

I believe that on Universal Access those fonts are intentionally larger then the rest for people who are visually impaired. And may not have the best viewing. And it seems to me that Google made some changes on their front page in the past few days, the much larger font and the weird aqua buttons drive me up the wall.

And on safari under the "customize toolbar" command you can add a change text size button.

3. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

I'm also having problems in snow leopard...all of my fonts show up as A's when I see the install dialogue...A's with boxes. When I type my password the show as Begin Quotes in a box. Without attaching a screenshot has anyone heard of this? I checked all of my fonts in font book and can't find the one that appears in the install dialogue.

Thanks!!

-=|Mgkwho

4. skunkworker macrumors regular

The As in boxes means that somewhere a font probably got misplaced. Do all fonts act like this? or just some of them?

5. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Your screenshots look 100% normal.

That's how the Universal Access prefpane is supposed to look (and has always looked).

Google recently made changes to their page so that the text is much bigger and the buttons are different. Looks that way for everybody.