Mac Tablet Speculation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AceFernalld, May 12, 2008.

?

Price of a Tablet Mac

1. $800-1000

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. $1000-1200

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. $1200-1400

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. $1400-1600

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. $1600+ (please specify in comments)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Hi everyone!
    If there is a Mac Tablet device released at WWDC ( i know the chances are slim but let's just say at WWDC or a Special Event in 2008) what do you guys think the price might be? Assuming it had an 80 GB hard drive, 1.8 GHz processor, multi-touch 11" screen running Leopard or a larger version of the iPod touch software what would the price probably be?

Feel free to include your thoughts on the matter, and other speculation for WWDC and other 2008 events. If this isn't in the right category, mods obviously feel free to move it, I wasn't sure as to the location.

Thanks for reading and your posts will be replied to!
    ~Austin~

2. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

the nokia n810 is ~$500 so i think it should probably be around there to be competitive. maybe $600-$700.

3. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

well its going to be between a MacBook and an iPhone most probably so around the $600 mark.

Edit: put an 8 instead of a 6 :)

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

Yes, but the nokia n810 is also only 5" wide. I wouldn't classify that as a tablet computer (even though it is called one). Yes, it does have the features of a tablet, but with such a small screen, doesn't seem like something i would want to use in those types of situations...looks more like a PDA.

I would expect something along the lines of the Modbook (which starts at $2279...yikes!!!).

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

iPod Touch $299, $399
    iPhone $399, $499
    iPad (?) or iTablet $599
    MacBook $1099

6. AceFernalld thread starter macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Wow! Thanks for the replies and poll votes. The general consensus seems to be around $800, but as samiwas pointed out, the ModBook which offers roughly the same features (Actual tablet would -GPS and +Multi-touch) is unfortunately priced at a whopping $2100+! Hopefully, and probably, they will market it as a cross product between the iPod touch and MacBook (as Nipz and gkarris said) and be priced $600-800. If the storage inside was a 64 GB SSD though, I'd expect the price to be more likely around $800-1200.

Anyways, thanks again!
    ~Austin~

7. deputylove8 macrumors regular

deputylove8

I agree. Although the chances of a Tablet coming out is pretty slim, I do hope that it would still pop out. I agree that 800 bucks price tag is ok.

Whoa! Looks like JUne will be a bz period for Apple. The redesigning
    of the macbook and macbook pro....Mr Iphone...and maybe
    Lil Ms Sexy - the tablet....

As we all know...the tablet rumour existed even during the pre-macbook air launch...I do hope this time...it really manifests itself. It will come pretty handy especially if it were to be used under medical settings.

8. deputylove8 macrumors regular

deputylove8

Mactable featured in Maclife Mag but....

Maclife has an article on the MacTablet. The design looks sleek and sexy but but but....ETA 2010. The prediction that it will be released on 2010 is also a speculation. I wont hold my hopes up at this year's WWDC. However, if it does come out. Boy, m I gonna be excited!:D