Mac tablet speculation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asb396, Sep 30, 2009.

1. asb396 macrumors member

I was wondering why no one has brought this up yet. Jobs is known to have said that the reason apple has not entered the netbook/tablet market is because the technology has not been readily available. To me it seems obvious that for a tablet, the most relevant new technology is flexible OLEDs. This technology can cut the devices size in half while maintaining a large screen that unfolds. Let me know what you guys think. If enough of us agree I might make a positive play on samsung.

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Nobody has brought it up? Maybe today, but I doubt even that's true. This has been regularly speculated since...well...since "tablet" meant something made of stone! Use a search and then come back in a couple of years after you've had a chance to digest all of the info out there on it already. :D

Every "new" technology along the way brings new speculation about a possible Apple solution.

3. asb396 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for nitpicking. That's exactly the type of reaction I was looking for. Anyone who has anything CONSTRUCTIVE instead of talking about how much information is out there?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Why is this in the iPhone forum? [/constructive]

5. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Even if the screen is flexible, the rest of the components that the screen is attached to won't be. OLED screens may have many beneficial qualities for a tablet, but flexibility isn't one of them.

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I havent heard of these flexible OLED's. Link to technology? Sounds interesting. [/CONSTRUCTIVE]

[FACT] slash [WHATTHEOPDOESNOTLIKE] This does not belong in the iPhone section.

7. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

...there is no forum for Apple Tablet rumors! :p

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

You sure?

9. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Didn't even know that existed.... No one does. :eek:

10. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

11. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

12. asb396 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i know sorry, couldnt find the right thread and figured this might be the most relevant one. If an admin can move it that would be great.