Mac Tech Svc manuals/ replacement parts website(s)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mlunacat, May 28, 2007.

1. mlunacat macrumors newbie

Hello, All.

I wanted to post a thread showing two helpful websites I stumbled across after using these excellent forums a few months ago for help with an iMac/iBook network/internet-connectivity problem I was having.

I noticed a recurring question in many posts over several threads, was "does anyone know where to get the specifc tech service manual for such-an-such- a model of iMac?" (Different models/varieties are very different internally)

Many of the replies to those q's seemed to lead to defunct, older ".edu" links, (where just that one manual may have once been available) or one of the moderators would nicely offer to personally send a manual to anyone requesting it directly through email (if they happened to have that particular manual - but no-one had them all in one place, or access to them all).

I found a page that some earthlink Mac-angel put up that actually has links to the PDF tech service manuals for what looks like every Mac ever made:
    http://home.earthlink.net/%7estrahm_s/manuals.html

:eek:

and when looking for possible replacement parts for my hopefully-not-defunct Summer 2000 iMac DV (batteries, logic boards, power supplies, etc) I found an amazing selection at http://www.welovemacs.com/

:D
    very impressed with that site --I didnt think any of the older discontinued-model replacement parts would still be available

I am not in any way affiliated with these places, just wanted to share this info with this great helpful community that the MacRumors forum has provided (as it took me awhile to research this and find them, and I gather from some of the posts here, not everyone has found their way to the manual or replacement part they may need, yet!)

hope I was able to help/give a little back
    love this Forum/website
    thanks everyone, and enjoy!
    mlunacat:cool: :apple:

2. theISHkid macrumors regular

I'll second the we love macs site... very helpful.

3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Always good to relay more mac info. Too bad alot of the links are dead/404 errors :(

4. mlunacat thread starter macrumors newbie

oh, shoot! didnt notice which ones were dead

these were found on the tech manuals page?

just went back, clicked around -- cannot find 404's as mentioned--
    (at least not yet)

sorry for any possible 'bum steer' tho (?)