Mac the ripper & handbrake failing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i.shaun, Nov 12, 2008.

1. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

The new Family guy box set just doesn't want to work in Handbrake. It will rip the episodes, but there will be moments where the sound cuts out.

I tried Mac The Ripper, then used handbrake on the output folder, and still had the same problem.

Has anyone come across this before? I just did the Da Vinci code fine via this method, but I can't seem to get these DVDs to work.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

MTR usually has better mechanisms not to mention more, to bypass the security on DVDs than Handbrake. Maybe see if its the DVDs problem?

3. i.shaun thread starter macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

They play fine in standalone players, and I do not see any scratches on them, not to mention they're basically brand new. This is an odd problem.

If it's protected, to the point that handbrake can't do it, it usually says "handbrake encode is done" very quickly without actually doing the movie. "the DaVinci Code" was doing that. After running such DVDs through MTR, handbrake can encode them just fine.

Another odd thing is it seems to be just the family guy episodes themselves. I would rip featurettes like the voice cast of family guy doing the show live, and it seemed to work alright. The episodes themselves just cut out at various points.

I also tried different audio settings, and though it fixes the cut outs at some points, it seems to cause others at different points. I guess no one has come across this with other DVDs yet?