Mac the ripper issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CristyKS, May 14, 2008.

1. CristyKS macrumors newbie

I was trying to back up my copy of Disney's Ratatouille (using MTR 3), but I am having some problems. MTR registers the disc, "scans IFO's", but when it is trying to "scan disc data" it quits unexpectedly. I know that most new Disney movies are ARccOS protected and will only allow you to rip the movie only version.... but it won't even let me get far enough to choose that option before quitting. This is the only DVD that has done this!!! What should I do?:confused:

2. macdot macrumors 6502

Umm... not illegally copy DVDs.

Or check to make sure the program is compatible with Leopard (if that's what you're running) and that you have the most current version.

3. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Are you using version 2 or 3 of MTR? If you can't find a solution, FairMount may work for you.

4. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

I agree. I use Fairmount and DVDRemaster to rip DVDs. With Fairmount, launched, it will allow you to do a Finder copy of the DVD's Video TS folder to another volume you choose, stripped of the copy protection. Fairmount is free, DVDRemaster is shareware but it is very good software. If you download DVDRemaster, it comes bundled with Fairmount. If you don't want DVDRemaster, you can just download Fairmount.

5. stamps macrumors newbie

fairmount doesn't work

Simply doesn't work.
    Nothing happens as advertised.
    Inserting DVD, it appears to work on it with that icon of mounting cream,
    then displaying disk in the dialog, then what… ? Nothing.
    Nothing appears nowhere, when quitting nothing happens (it says when quitting the image disk will reappear ort whatever…):mad::p:eek:

6. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Try fiddling with the MacTheRipper prescan setting - if I recall correctly, if it's enabled in MtR, some DVDs will cause it to crash.

I haven't tried it yet, but RipIt is fairly new and has a trial. Macworld gave it a good review.