Mac The Ripper Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pbone, Aug 27, 2009.

1. pbone macrumors newbie

So, I wanted to burn a DVD today and when I put it into my computer to use MacTheRipper (like I've done dozens of times before), but MTR is telling me that the DVD is 35.53 GB in size. Which is impossible. Unless there was a big technology change in the last couple of days.

I tried quitting the application and ejecting/re-inserting the DVD a couple times but still 35.53GB. :(

What up?

2. pbone thread starter macrumors newbie

3. jbuk macrumors regular

What DVD is it? If it's a recent one, it may have more complex copy-protection that would confuse the (old/free, I presume) version of MTR you are using.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is a good sign that the copy protection is taking over. In this case you'll have to use something like handbreak where you can hunt down the correct video_ts file. When I ripped or tried to rip Wall-E (which I own) this happened. Fairmount took hours and hours to transfer the files then I had to find the correct one.

MTR is incapable of doing all that in my opinion. For me it is fairmount then handbreak.

5. vslay macrumors newbie

OP, was the DVD in question Adventureland? I am having the same problem.

6. jbuk macrumors regular

Slighty off-topic, but from the discussion I remember on the HandBrake forums, the Wall-E main feature is in Title 1, and so if you avoid ripping all the other titles you'll come out with a clean copy.

Actually, that might be The Dark Knight I'm thinking of.