Mac the Ripper Quits

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GrammatonRebel, Feb 2, 2008.

1. GrammatonRebel macrumors newbie

So I got Mac the Ripper, installed it, put the DVD in, everything seemed good to go. However, when I hit the "GO!" button, the application quits and I get one of those "application quit unexpectedly" windows. When I use the ARccOS setting it stops and says "user cancelled action," even though I'm not doing anything. I clicked "report" to see the details, even though it's mostly gibberish to a non-computer-speaker like me. I don't really know what I'm looking at, but there's something in there about a bad path.

Help me out, yo! I don't want to have to drag my whole DVD collection around between home and school anymore!

Thanks in advance :)

2. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Personally, I find the Application "handbrake" to be better.

3. briguy macrumors newbie

I have been using MTR 3.0 r14 flawlessly to back up my movie collection. But recently it has been having trouble with almost every movie I feed it. Has anyone heard anything about it? Are there newer versions of MTR? Is there a MTR dedicated forum to keep up on what is going on? :confused:

4. fishgut11 macrumors newbie

MTR is dead, its a good program but there seems to b no more updates for it or anything of that sort, while it works on most movies, there area few that it has problems with

5. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

What version of MTR are you using?

If you're using the latest version, 3.014m, you should probably post this on the ripdifferent forums instead.

6. JoinedInOctober macrumors newbie

Possible fix

I sometimes get the "User Cancelled The Extraction" behavior in MTR "3.0 - R14", and have found that checking or unchecking the "remember ripping destination" choice in the Preferences box sometimes helps.

Sometimes.