Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuchichan2524

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
I know that I cannot play region 2 DVDs on my Mac without switched the drive. My question is whether Mac the Ripper has some sort of setting that will allow it to recognize Region 2 DVDs. I know the player won't play them unless I switch, but can Mac the Ripper rip them? If Mac the Ripper can't do this, is there another software that can?

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
chuchichan2524 said:
I know that I cannot play region 2 DVDs on my Mac without switched the drive. My question is whether Mac the Ripper has some sort of setting that will allow it to recognize Region 2 DVDs. I know the player won't play them unless I switch, but can Mac the Ripper rip them? If Mac the Ripper can't do this, is there another software that can?

i think Handbrake has something like this but remember it's for personal viewing only and not funny business - macupdate has handbrake so take a look

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
chuchichan2524 said:
I never change regions, but I do use MTR. I believe if MTR detects a region code, it allows you to pick which region you want to rip to. I have no way of trying it, but it would seem easier for you the just try it than ask the question, since MTR is free.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
If MacTheRipper is like DVD Shrink! for Windows (as it does exactly the same thing) it will prompt for you to select a region and won't change the drive. But you need to be 100% sure or else the project is ruined and when you try and mount it it will change the region.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.