Mac to iPhone failure!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dazzer21, Apr 19, 2014.

1. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

For the first time, I am trying to put music from my Mac iTunes onto my iPhone. I plan to go walking today for the first time in many years and I feel the need for an audio feed!!! I have an iMac running MacOS 10.5.8 with iTunes version 10.6.3. My iPhone 4s is running iOS 7.1. When I try to connect, the Mac says that I need to download the latest version of iTunes which is 11.1. However, that only works with MacOS 10.6. I've tried to download it and nothing happens. What now? Thanks.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

iTunes 11.1 requires OSX 10.6.8 or later, you're going to need to update your OS before you can upgrade iTunes. Kinda ridiculous because on a PC it supports Windows XP.

Does your Mac support OSX 10.6? It's a better OS than 10.5...

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

^^^This.
    iOS 7.x requires iTunes 11 at a minimum. Bet you didn't realize that when you upgraded your iPhone 4s to iOS 7. If you were still on iOS 6.x it would work.

4. dazzer21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Great!

I feel screwed by iOS 7 on every count. I had my Mac upgraded to 10.6 at work and straight away, the latest versions the Fiery drivers for my (aging yet more than perfectly able to do their job) printers were not supported so I had to revert back to 10.5. So I won't be upgrading my home machine for the same thing to happen. iOS 7 won't let me bulk delete the thousands of emails that my phone and iPad say are resident on it. And now this. Is there a way that I can go back to iOS 6 on my iPhone and iPad? Somewhat peeved, now...

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No, you're stuck. Right now, even jailbroken iPhones can't revert back. That ability was lost with the release of iOS 6. It's a long story, and there is one exception, but it's only for the iPhone 4 with an older baseband.

The only real option you have is to find someone with your phone that's on iOS 6 and either trade or buy from them.