Mac to MS link

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zach ct, Dec 2, 2011.

1. zach ct, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

zach ct macrumors newbie

I just got a macbook and have my printer connected to a laptop with windows vista, ther is also a Pc in the house with XP, all connected through a 'TP-Link' network.

How can i make this printer appear and print for all computers in the house by use of the network?
    I have a spare network key which might be of use inorder to connect the printer to the network?

Some advice is well apreciated!

Thanks, zach.;)

2. corvaxmuzzy macrumors newbie

corvaxmuzzy

If your printer is on the network that the Mac is on, you should be able to easily manually configure your Mac to use the Printer:

System Preferences -> Print & Fax -> the "+" sign -> ...then just track down your printer on your network (click around...I do not remember the exact steps from there)

3. zach ct thread starter macrumors newbie

the problem is connecting the printer to the network and working it independantly from all the pcs without being connected to the router, i have a spare internet key if its any use
    thanks!

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

You will need to connect the printer to the router to use it independent of the pcs. I have an printer that plugs right into the router via ethernet and it's usable by all systems in the house.