Mac to Pair with iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ecschwarz, Oct 20, 2015.

  1. ecschwarz, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015

    ecschwarz macrumors 65816

    ecschwarz

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2010
    #1
    My apologies in advance if this is the wrong forums, but I didn't want to cross-post to the iPad and iMac and MacBook Air forums or anything weird like that...

    I have an iPad Air 2 and it's quickly become my primary computing device (not counting my work Mac). I want to have at least a Mac at home and have a 2012 11" MacBook Air (2.0 i7/8GB/256GB) and will soon have a 2011 21.5" iMac (2.7 i5/8GB/256GB SSD) - it was a machine temporarily used by a family member in another state. I'm toying with the idea of selling the MacBook Air and using the iMac as my "heavier duty" computer and music/photo repository at home. I suspect the Air would be a bit easier to sell and ship, due to its small size.

    I do realize the iMac is lacking USB 3 and Bluetooth 4, both of which aren't really dealbreakers for me and I'm not doing any sort of gaming, so either of those machines should be fine from a power standpoint (although I know the iMac is quite a bit faster as far as raw benchmarks are concerned).

    Finally, the other thought would be to sell both and take the money and get a slightly higher-spec'd Mac mini.

    I'm trying to consolidate my computing situation a bit and thought I'd bounce my ideas off the masses to see if there isn't something I hadn't thought of yet.
     
  2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2013
    #2
    Sell whichever one you use less, it's that simple really if you don't use it much then it's the one you have least use for.
     
  3. ecschwarz thread starter macrumors 65816

    ecschwarz

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2010
    #3
    Yeah - that's what I'm ultimately thinking - I realized I left one little item out that the iMac, although mine, was on loan for a few months, and I'm just now getting it back.
     
  4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2013
    #4
    maybe wait for a while and see how your workflow goes then decide maybe just before christmas when you can sell a little easier.
     

Share This Page