MAC to PC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lizrunfast, Jan 4, 2014.

1. lizrunfast macrumors newbie

Hi All
    Have had 2 macs: i-book G4 and 2nd hand MacBook Pro.
    Have spend thousands of hours doing personal stuff - not business
    eg: Attempting to accurately date photos to be a historical record in I-phot and using I-cal as a historical 'diary' - only 1 or 2 words, e.g. MM's wedding etc, not as long sentences.
    My question is: how do i transfer this data to PC.
    Please no sarky/clever comments, I seriously need a new laptop this one is dying right now (battery exploded) - old model will confirm tomorrow if replacement is possible/viable.
    I have time machine backups on EHDD but I heard that i-photo database not transferrable to windows??
    Thanks for any useful input, regards

2. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Depending on what version of iPhoto you have, this may help.

You can always just export your photos to a folder and then transfer that over to your PC, but if you have things organized/recorded a certain way this may not preserve that info.

3. lizrunfast thread starter macrumors newbie

THANKS so much Sital! http://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif
    I still have i-photo 09 - 8.1.2, so will def check this out further :)
    After spending the whole day on computer, I found the export option but the only option would be for me to use the 'sequential' and have to type the filename as the date of the photo and do a few at a time. I could also drag to desktop but 99% of photos would have to be renamed.
    Even if i have already 'renamed' the title of the photo in i-photo, it exports as the 'background' or original file name i.e. img_3188 not 2013 12 25 Xmas Day etc.
    Every option means many more hundreds of hours fiddling. Not Happy Jan!