mac to ps3 help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hipsigti, Mar 1, 2009.

1. hipsigti macrumors member

Ok i am trying to transfer game saves from gamefaq.com. i am new to this mac thing seeing as i just bought it 2 weeks ago. Im using a usb drive but can't get anything to work i tried all the sites that tell you how but it's for a pc not a mac can anyone help?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Can you post a link to a page that tells you how to do it on a PC?

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

The instructions there should work, but you'll have to format your memory stick to FAT32 first. Move anything important off, open Disk Utility, and select the memory stick in the list on the left-hand side. Under the Erase tab, set the volume format to MS-DOS (FAT) and click Erase.

4. hipsigti thread starter macrumors member

I did what you said and the ps3 said corrupted data and wouldn't transfer. i have no clue i'm at a loss.

5. dmiller macrumors member

After you formatted the disk did you make a folder on the drive called PS3, then SAVEDATA, then the save folder you download.
    Most files I download work well but you may want to try a different save file. I'm on PS3 all the time...feel free to add me @ derickmiller
    Hope you can get it to work

6. hipsigti thread starter macrumors member

yes i did i did it twice just to make sure i didn't do something wrong. didn't work any suggestions?

7. hipsigti thread starter macrumors member