Mac to PS3 Streaming

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by flyingnome, Nov 18, 2011.

1. flyingnome macrumors newbie

For anyone who has a Mac or several and a PS3 and not an Apple TV and you would like to stream your Music, Photos, or Movies from your Mac to the PS3 I have finally come across a solution. Cheaper than iTunes Match.
    Freeware PS3Mediaserver v1.50.0 beta. It says that since it is beta it could become unstable but I used for a while last night and no crashing.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/media_servers/pms_mac.cfm

I installed it last night and within minutes I was listening music and looking at pix from the comfort of my couch on my 55" TV from my MacBook. I tried the movie streaming feature and it worked like a champ, except the FF was a little glitchy. Overall I am rating this a 5 of 5. I bought my PS3 last year about this time and I had tried to find a way to stream from day one, and I found this program before but it didn't work. But last night I was sitting around bored and I started looking again and here it was. This time working. I really dig it.
    I am running lion 10.7.2 and iTunes 10.5.1.
    In the Navigation/Share settings tab don't forget to enable Show iTunes library and Show iPhoto library.
    Enjoy

2. beergotmeripped macrumors newbie

beergotmeripped

Awesome, thanks a lot for posting! This seems to work great for me too, just recently got my PS3 and this was just what I needed. Thanks!