Mac to sony bravia. need help on dispay

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nickpin57, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Nickpin57 macrumors newbie

Hi all i bought a sony bravia 32 inch for christmas so i got a mini dvi to vga so i plugged it in. now it shows up on my mac but not my tv. if i were to see something on the tv i would have to drag it beyond the screen of my mac. i want it to run just on my tv. see my icons and be able to play games

2. mosx macrumors 65816

Unfortunately, OS X has TERRIBLE multi-monitor support.

The only way you'll be able to get the display only on your TV with OS X is by connecting it all, hooking up an external mouse and keyboard, and closing the lid. This will sleep the system. Then you wake it with the external keyboard and mouse. It will only use the external display then.

If you're planning on playing games, Windows has proper multi-display support and you'll be able to set it up to display only on the external monitor at the native resolution so you won't have to worry about any of that other nonsense.

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. My MacBook is connected to an external 24" display at its native res (1920x1200), my macbook is displaying its native res (1280x800), and they both work fine.

4. Nickpin57 thread starter macrumors newbie

i do have a wireless keayboard and a mouse. all hooked up for this. when i shut my comp it just says no signal. is there no way around this?

5. timestoby macrumors 6502

couldnt you just use the mirror mode,that way it will show up on the xternal screen.

6. Nickpin57 thread starter macrumors newbie

im not so sure how to do this mind filling me in?

7. timestoby macrumors 6502

system pref>display>arrangement then on the bottom left check mirror mode. i never tried it,but id think it would work or it would be called mirror mode lol.