Mac Torrent Sites

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ScottDrummer, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottDrummer macrumors 6502

Am I allowed to ask what are the best torrent sites for mac only software?
    Just for reference so I can trial before i buy.

2. live4ever macrumors 6502a

MacUpdate and VersionTracker are great sites to download trials from - you don't even have to use torrents (most apps are under 5MB).

3. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

The downloading of files via torrents is illegal and discussion not allowed here.

But for mac things in general, the same websites normally show both PC and Mac programs for purchace etc (you know what i'm saying) ;)

4. Queso macrumors G4

If you're after free Mac software, most of the projects on Sourceforge have a Mac binary to download via Torrents. There's some great stuff on there too :)

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Sigh.

No its not.

Torrents are a way to distribute files efficiently. Nothing more.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Just to be clear, MacRumors policy is that we do not support piracy basically.

Any software you genuinely want to try first will normally have a free trial available from the developer.

Links to torrent sites for "trials" probably won't be for this purpose, so I'm closing this, sorry.

As has already been mentioned, take a look at versiontracker.com and macupdate.com for genuine trials links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.