Mac trackpad unfunctional on beta 3

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by trueredsoxfan58, Jul 29, 2015.

1. trueredsoxfan58 macrumors member

So I just installed beta three and my trackpad doesnt work at all. 2013 13in MBA. In settings it doesnt detect it at all and looks for a bluetooth one

2. trueredsoxfan58 thread starter macrumors member

So I just rebooted and tried the apple diagnostics tool. It worked just fine. Problem is only in El Capitan

3. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

not here...

4. trueredsoxfan58 thread starter macrumors member

So I figured out a fix. I went and downloaded the pkg for the Developer preview 5 (which is identical to pb3). It fixed the issue. I wish Apple would release the pkgs for the open beta.

5. luchid macrumors newbie

Which PKG?

6. mistabaka macrumors member

I actually had the same issue, and no external mouse... that was fun! Used the restore feature, thankfully it backed me down to Beta 2 actually.

EDIT: I also have a 2013 Macbook Air.

7. EKH macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

Same issue here. My trackpad isn't working since I installed BP3 on my MacBookAir 2013 11'. I had to use a external USB mouse. Can someone tell me how and where to download the dp5? Maybe torrent? Appel diagnostic tool did not solved my problem. Also restarting the Mac for some times.

8. mistabaka macrumors member

I had to boot into restore (Hold down Command and R during boot) and have it install OS X, id downgraded me to beta 1, right now I'm just on Public Beta 2.

9. EKH macrumors newbie

I have found a better solution: Go to i m z d l . com and download the DP5, but not the delta update, and install it on your mac. The solved my problem and I am running DP5 with a working Trackpad.

10. Steve J0bs macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me on the public beta. I'm using a rMBP 13" 2015. I had to use time machine to go back to previous beta. It was weird because the trackpad would work at the login screen and then stop working as soon as I logged in. I submitted feedback (using a USB mouse)

11. Steve J0bs macrumors regular

I only see Delta updates on that site. Do you have a link to the download by any chance?

12. xxanderxu macrumors newbie

Can anyone report whether the problem has been solved as of public beta 4? Thanks in advance!

13. adrianlondon macrumors 6502

There is no non-delta file; it doesn't exist anywhere. You need to download and install PB1 or DB1 and then delta all the ones in between ending in PB4 or DB6.

14. luchid macrumors newbie

It's solved in PB4