Mac turns on automatically

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pit29, Jun 29, 2007.

1. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Hi all,

my MacBook Pro turns on automatically. Nothing is set in the Preferences / Energy saving. I am running Mac OS X 10.4.10.
    I have not been able to determine any pattern (eg. always the same time). I shut down the computer normally, and it starts automatically sometime (hours) after that.

Does somebody of you have a suggestion about the possible cause?

Best,
    Pit

2. MikeMckenzy macrumors newbie

Just a thought...

I was testing the new Leopard Beta and my mini core duo would do the same thing...I reinstalled Tiger and the problem seems to have gone away. I thought it might have been the EyeTV software ... But I'm not sure. Have you had any issues with the mini not waking from sleep mode???

3. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

Hey,

waking up is normal, and I did not install any Leopard version. Actually, I also was thinking about EyeTV, but nothing is on the recording list there...

4. Millwood macrumors regular

I have the same problem sometimes that my mac wakes from sleep.

So i turned off "wake for ethernet activity" thinking maybe it had something to do with that.

No such luck.

5. SheenL macrumors newbie

iMac Intel Turns on Automatically

Hello. Anyone find the source to this problem yet? I have a iMac intel core 2 duo. It comes out of sleep and turns on automatically from time to time. Also sometimes the system fan revs up to 4600 RPMs after auto wake/turn on.

Logic board has been replaced and still same problem.

6. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

Try to close down with another user account. I know it seems wired but this has solved it for me... see here.

Pit